ALP has been helping companies solve oil production and artificial lift problems since 2004
Based in Edinburgh, Scotland, Artificial Lift Performance (ALP) is a consulting and software company that exists to maximise your production, optimise wells and artificial lift equipment. Through our staff training, we also help ensure that you have a well-trained staff who make the best possible contribution to your business.
For this reason, our logo subtly incorporates an oil droplet, which symbolises the hidden oil you’re currently missing…and that we’ll help you to produce.
The company was founded by Sandy Williams, an international consultant and trainer who has spent more than 15 years in the oil business working for organisations such as Amoco, Phoenix and Schlumberger and in markets across Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
“The work you have done for us has been highly valuable. You took a group of young engineers and gave them very real practical training (and they enjoyed it) which has helped focus us on identifying lost production. Our engineers are now starting to identify lost production and we have made real production gains based on your suggestions, we tripled the oil production on one well alone. The work you did on preparation of our AL equipment contracting strategy was particularly innovative and will help align the objectives of our suppliers with our goal of maximized production and minimum downtime. Thanks.”
Petrominerales Columbia Ltd
Operators can spend about $10 million fracking and completing an unconventional well. The goal is to then produce the well at an appropriate rate to ensure rapid payout. When a well is planned to produce 2,000 bbl/d and then only produces 1,500 bbl/d, production is lost.
Using our software, you can tell whether this is a result of a well inflow problem or an issue with the artificial lift. Your ability to identify poorly performing artificial lift systems is critical to optimizing production.
You can use Pump Checker as a surveillance tools that can provide significant revenue increases.
Recognizing failed ESPs, identifying ESP problems resulting in less production and reducing repetitive daily downtime (e.g. power outage or facilities upset) helps keep production optimized.
The Benefits of Using ALP Software
- Having a single repository for all AL well info
- Save engineers time and manage more wells effectively with less people
- Production optimization opportunity ranking
- Tracking and understanding failure modes, along with corrective actions
- View all wells in one system (you own the data)
- Provides surveillance teams with additional analysis capability
- Integrates all data related to AL systems
- Automatically identifies problems and opportunities by exception
- Management by exception processes provide advanced analytics related to real-time, downtime, production, AL performance and runlife statistics
For further input, review the conclusions from 181219-MS SPE Conference Paper “ Real-time Decision Making for ESP Management and Optimization” co-authored with Oxy:
- Access to realtime data is extremely important when performing surveillance and optimization, but tools must be in place to prioritize wells and further reduce the realtime data to actionable items. Without this data reduction, analysts spend an unacceptable amount of time repeating them same analysis every day.
- Automatic ESP analysis is an important piece of any surveillance system. Without it, simple questions cannot be answered pertaining to ESP health, well inflow, or ESP system capability. There is enormous value in answering theses daily questions quickly and accurately.
- A single case showed an improved daily income of over $16,000 per day due to a proactive ESP replacement. This case was detected by automated ESP analysis and tracked over many months to justify the expense of pulling a still-functioning ESP.
- Using realtime analytics and exception reporting can lead to very efficient use of manpower and assets. Not all analysis must be complex to achieve results, basic reporting techniques such as runtime exceptions or start-stop counters can be very effective methods for detecting operational problems.
- The analysts and field staff must have an active role in defining the rules and analytics directing their daily work. Achieving artificial lift staff buy-in and ownership in the surveillance system is a key enabler of system success.