Join Our Growing Team
ALP is a fast-growing, specialized, independent software company in the field of Artificial Lift monitoring and optimization.
We offer an industry-leading software solution for oil companies to optimize oil production and reduce lift costs. Headquartered in Scotland, our strong US client base is expanding rapidly…so we are looking to expand our team!
Business Development Lead, USA
Do you want to lead and drive our growth in the USA?
You will be a highly motivated and adaptable self-starter looking for an opportunity to make a real impact in a small fast-growing company. You will enjoy sales prospecting at all levels, winning new clients by helping meet their needs through proposing and justifying ALP software solutions. You will have ambitions to grow and run ALP’s operations in the Americas.
Reporting to our CEO, you will be leading ALP’s USA business development activities, powering our growth by achieving new sales. You’ll share in our success by thriving on helping your clients ensure all oil wells are optimized through the use of ALP’s software. You will be well rewarded for success.
We have a compelling value proposition. Our software gave 1 client an additional $1.4m revenue in 30 days. Our software is currently installed across 2,000+ wells in the USA.
Above all you will be a credible and confident representative of ALP enjoying meeting with and presenting to clients and prospects. Your high levels of marketing and sales activity will require planning, qualifying and prioritizing in order to make the best use of your time and the resources of ALP.
Working hours will be flexible in order to meet customer and business deadlines. Working location is expected to be close to the Permian Basin with some US travel requiring overnight stays and occasional travel to the UK.
Oil & Energy, Computer Software
Business Development Sales Information Technology
ALP Junior Developer
An opportunity has arisen at Artificial Lift Performance Ltd (ALP) for an ambitious graduate or junior developer with experience in C#/.NET who is looking to make the next step in their career.
ALP is a privately-owned software company that develops solutions for real-time monitoring and production optimisation of artificially lift produced oil wells. Existing clients include several large oil companies. This role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a company with exciting customer and product portfolio growth potential.
The application consumes data from on-site monitors that are fed into a database which the software uses to build rich web interfaces using technologies such as ASP.NET MVC, React, Kendo, and SQL Server to monitor the performance of oil wells.
We are looking for a motivated graduate or junior developer to join the company at an exciting time to assist in the support and development of our web applications. The company is currently going through a transformative process from start up to fully fledged development company, and this is an excellent opportunity to help shape the company’s future and be a key contributor to its growth.
- 6 months to a year in a commercial environment. We will also consider applications from outstanding candidates with an online portfolio.
- Knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and design.
- Experience in .NET (C#).
- Experience of distributed version control systems (Git).
- Knowledge and understanding of agile development processes (Scrum).
- Good problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates should be passionate about quality software development and have a strong desire to learn and improve.
Edinburgh, with occasional visits to Aberdeen and to clients offices (currently US)
- Understanding of SOLID design principles.
- Knowledge or experience of unit and integration testing.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience with Entity Framework.
- Experience with SQL Server, including writing stored procedures and analysing database performance.
- Experience with JIRA or other requirements management tools such as TFS.
- Knowledge or experience in automated deployment techniques such as Octopus Deploy, Chef, Puppet, or Docker (or other containerisation technologies).
- Knowledge or experience of IIS and Windows Server.
Knowledge or experience of the oil and gas industry.
Salary and Benefits
- Basic salary variable based on experience (please state expected salary as part of application)
- 25 days paid holiday
- Pension contribution
- Laptop, phone